Tayla Harris during the AFLW match between Melbourne and North Melbourne (Photo by Cameron Grimes / Zero Digital Media)

Star Demons forward Tayla Harris has become a big watch within Melbourne's preliminary final battle against North Melbourne after reinjuring her troublesome shoulder.

Harris made her way from the action mid-way through the opening term of the 'do or die' date following a ruck tussle that left her clutching her left shoulder.

Failing to reappear in an active role before the end of the opening quarter, the former Lion and Blue spent the remainder of the term on the bench, captured on the broadcast consuming painkillers.

Harris emerged after the break with a heavily strapped shoulder, yet still managed to play a role in transition, taking sound pack mark to help send her side forward.

The 25-year-old has a worrying history with the joint, having battled shoulder injuries in both 2017 and 2018.

Speaking to the 7 Network ahead of the second term, Melbourne coach Mick Stinear stated that Harris would be sent forward, with fellow tall Eden Zanka asked to fill in as ruck Lauren Pearce's deputy at stoppages.

Since joining Stinear's side ahead of season six, Harris has slotted 28 majors for the Redlegs, including a career-high return of 3.2 when facing the Saints in January.

Harris and Demons are seeking to earn a pass to their second grand final of the calendar year after falling short of a debut flag when facing Adelaide in the S6 decider.

Melbourne is currently leading Darren Crocker's huddle of resurgent Roos, holding a five-point lead at half-time of the critical clash at Ikon Park.

After cruising past Adelaide during the opening preliminary final at Metricon Stadium on Friday night, Brisbane will act as hosts for the S7 grand final next Sunday.

As announced by powerbrokers at AFL House on Friday afternoon, the Lions' recently opened training and AFLW base at Springfield will be the host venue for the showpiece event, irrespective of Saturday's victor.