Gold Coast Suns have outlined their sanctions to Harley Bennell following photos published by the Herald Sun picturing Bennell with lines of illicit drugs.
The 22-year-old has been handed the following sanctions after discussions with the club, his manager, the AFL Players Association and the Suns’ chief medical officer.
- Adherence to an off-field program drawn up by the club and its chief medical officer
- Adherence to the standards and expectations of the playing and coaching group
- Round 16 – Available for NEAFL selection
- Round 17 – Available for senior selection
- $5,000 contribution towards the cost of the support required to complete off-field program
- Suspended three match sanction should adherence to the program not be met