Fairfax Media has reported that former Essendon rookie listed player Hal Hunter plans to sue the club over its controversial 2012 supplements program.
Hunter’s lawyer, Barrister Professor Patrick Keyzer told the Supreme Court that a statement of claim will be filed against Essendon in May.
The claim comes after Essendon won a case on Wednesday ordering Hunter to pay the club’s legal costs over last year’s court case in which Hunter demanded documentation from the AFL and the club over the supplements program in order to decide whether or not to sue.
The AFL was ordered to hand down all relevant documentation, however, the judge accepted the Bombers’ claim that they had already given Hunter’s lawyers all the documentation they had.
After winning the case, the club then demanded Hunter pay the club’s legal bills leading up to the hearing, with the judge ruling Hunt should pay the legal costs for the day of the hearing.
The 22-year-old says he now feels concerned about his health and well being as he does not know what substances he was administered.
Hunter was contracted with the Bombers from December 2011 to September 2013, when he was delisted.