Highly sought after Adelaide defender, Jake Lever, has denied he had a meeting with Melbourne officials last week, as speculation around his future continues to grow.
Reports emerged last week, that Lever, who is out of contract and yet to re-sign with the Crows, recently met with the Dees about a possible move to his home state of Victoria.
However, the 21-year-old told Adelaide radio station, FIVEaa on Tuesday, the claims are untrue.
“No, I didn’t (meet with Melbourne),” Lever said.
“That’s some of things that you just laugh at. The things that get reported, you almost chuckle about it and you just know these things aren’t true.
“Obviously, there’s speculation and that sort of stuff, but as a person, myself and the people who are close to me know that I didn’t do it, and that’s the most important thing.”
Lever said despite the speculation, he is focused on the helping the side achieve the ultimate prize this season.
“There are worse positions to be in. You could be an unwanted player. You might be on the last year of a contract (and having no offers),” he said.
“It is not a distraction. Not when you are focused on trying to win football games — there is not much time to think about anything else.”
The Western Bulldogs and Collingwood have also been linked with a move for the star backman.