Smith has been very prolific on social media in recent weeks, celebrating the end of a terrific season for the cult figure.
The Courier Mail is reporting that a formal complaint, made by a 22-year-old man has been given to police after the alleged incident occurred outside the Burleigh Pavilion.
The report claims Smith is yet to discuss the matter with Queensland police. The report then goes on to say that the man alleges he was pushed by Smith in the early hours of the morning.
In a statement, police confirmed they are investigating an incident at the venue, where a 22-year-old man was transported to the hospital.
“Police have received a complaint in relation to an (incident involving) a 22-year-old man at Goodwin Terrace around 12:10am on Monday October 4, 2021,” the statement said.
“The man was transported to hospital for treatment.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
The AFL have reportedly said they had been made aware of an incident involving a player from the Bulldogs, but added that no further action would be taken by the league.
“The AFL has been advised by the Western Bulldogs of an incident involving a player on October 4,” a spokesman said.
“On the basis of the information we currently have there will be no further action at this stage.”
The Bulldogs have confirmed that there were a group of players present when the incident occurred.
“The Western Bulldogs are aware of an incident which occurred in Burleigh Heads in Queensland on 4 October, where a small group of its players were present,” the club said.
“The Club has conducted its own investigation and is satisfied that no further action is required at this point in time.”