The announcement of the 2026 All-Australian squad has been delayed following the ongoing investigation involving Sydney players in an alleged incident in Melbourne.
It comes as several Swans stars were the subject of a police investigation.
It is being reported that the club will likely stand down the players involved, as early as Tuesday.
In a short press conference, Sydney CEO Matthew Pavlich said the club was "shocked and disappointed" by the incident.
"We can confirm that several players were involved in an alleged incident last night in Melbourne," Pavlich said.
"We've identified this to the AFL. We are working with them and also the relevant authorities on this matter. We're still piecing together exactly what's transpired here and have our own set of internal inquiries ongoing. It's safe to say that we're extremely shocked and disappointed that this has taken place and that the players have found themselves in this situation.
"We understand the level of interest in the matter, and there's going to be lots of speculation, but given it's a police matter right now, that is all that we can say."
The introduction of Wildcard Round this year in a weekend slot, which was last week footy-free ahead of the bye, has prompted the AFL to hold the awards night on Tuesday, August 25.
The AFL revealed last week the All-Australian squad would therefore drop this week, with the panel to then meet again after the home-and-away season is concluded to settle on a final 23.

























