2019 is almost over so its time to look back on some of the best moments in sport this year.
From success across tennis, cricket, AFL, swimming, NFL and golf to an iconic horse and some fantastic sporting efforts.
While some of these will be greeted with heartbreak rather than joy there is no doubt that they were the most memorable and iconic sporting moments for 2019.
Gerard Whateley has put together his top 12 moments that defined sport for the year.
Here is his list
- Ash Barty wins the French Open
- Australia retain the Ashes
- The Cricket World Cup Final
- Winx wins a 33rd in a row and says farewell
- Tiger Woods wins the Masters
- Richmond's AFL Premiership
- The Boomers miss out on a medal
- Hannah Green wins the Women's PGA Championship
- Eliud Kipchoge finishes a marathon in under two hours
- Sam Kerr scores four to send the Matildas to the World Cup Round of 16
- Ariarne Titmus beats Katy Ledecky at the World Championship
- The Patriots win their 6th Super Bowl