North Melbourne defender Aidan Corr will face a nervous wait after being reported for striking Port Adelaide forward Ollie Lord on Saturday.

The Roos backman remonstrated with Lord in the opening term of the Round 9 clash after a free kick was awarded to the Kangaroos before the pair began pushing and shoving one another by the collar of their jumpers.

While initially drawing no free kick, a final jumper punch from Corr collected Lord's chin, with Corr immediately placed on report by the officiating umpire, Nathan Williamson, and seeing North Melbourne's free kick reversed.

Port Adelaide forward Jed McEntee was able to compound the Roos' woes by booting a point-blank set-shot to extend the Power's lead, while Corr will play out the match in a nervous state.

The incident involving Corr and Lord is likely to gain some level of scrutiny from the AFL's Match Review Officer, with Corr potentially facing one week on the sidelines through suspension.

Under the MRO's guidelines, a grading of intentional conduct, high contact and low impact would result in a one-game suspension for Corr.

A grading of 'careless' conduct would see Corr escape a suspension, however, due to the incident occurring off the ball, the MRO is inclined to assess the conduct grading as 'intentional'.

North Melbourne are scheduled to face Sydney at Marvel Stadium next Saturday before a Round 11 clash with Collingwood the week after.

The Corr concerns came as midfielder Darcy Tucker left the field with a hamstring injury. The Roos confirmed later in the opening quarter that Tucker was replaced in the game by young forward Phoenix Spicer.

Port Adelaide soon followed with a sub change of their own, with forward Todd Marshall suffering a concussion from a bump he initiated on Roos Curtis Taylor in the opening quarter.

The Power confirmed their sub change midway through the second term, with Jackson Mead replacing the hampered Marshall.

The second half would further add to North Melbourne's woes, with defender Flynn Perez (concussion) and forward Jack Mahony (shoulder) having their afternoons end early.

Star midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke sustained a suspected hamstring injury in the final term after a busy evening against the Power, while Paul Curtis was able to shake off an injury concern of his own.

Davies-Uniacke was scene with ice on his hamstring in the final stages of the match, prompting concerns for the young bull's playing prospects for the coming rounds.

Port Adelaide WON BY 70 POINTS
Blundstone Arena