HOBART, AUSTRALIA - JULY 29: Jack Trengove of the Demons gets the ball back from over the fence during the 2017 AFL round 19 match between the North Melbourne Kangaroos and the Melbourne Demons at Blundstone Arena on July 29, 2017 in Hobart, Australia. (Photo by Adam Trafford/AFL Media/Getty Images)

Power add another delisted free agent

Port Adelaide have added another delisted free agent to their playing list, with former Melbourne co-captain Jack Trengove accepting a one-year deal with the Power.

Trengove was delisted by Melbourne earlier last month, after 86 games for the Demons after being selected with the second pick in the 2009 AFL Draft.

“The football world knows that Jack has had some much-publicised injury setbacks over the last couple of years but we are confident that he still has plenty of upside and will contribute positively to our playing group both on and off the field,” Port Adelaide’s list manager Jason Cripps told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“We are all well aware of the skill level and pure football ability that Jack possesses, but most importantly he also brings great character, integrity and leadership to our club which will be invaluable to our entire playing group.”

Trengove, who has only played seven games in the past four seasons, told the club’s website he still has a lot to offer the Power.

“I am so appreciative of Port Adelaide providing me with another chance to play the game I love,” Trengove added.

“I still feel as though I have plenty to offer with my experience and leadership and I can’t wait to start this new phase in my career.

“And to come home and be back around family and friends will make the transition so much easier.”

Comments