GWS will say farewell to duo Jake Stringer and Jesse Hogan, with Giants football boss Jason McCartney confirming the pair have finished their careers with the club.

Stringer alluded to his return to Victoria last week ahead of his 250th game on the weekend, with Collingwood believed to be considering him as a free agent.

Hogan has also been linked to the Pies, as well as Gold Coast, who are in the market for a key forward as Ben King is set to join Hawthorn in the off-season.

"It's well-documented that Jesse and Jake won't be with us next year," McCartney confirmed on SEN.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 20: Aaron Cadman (left) and Jesse Hogan of the Giants warm up during the 2024 AFL Round 06 match between the Carlton Blues and the GWS GIANTS at Marvel Stadium on April 20, 2024 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 20: Aaron Cadman (left) and Jesse Hogan of the Giants warm up during the 2024 AFL Round 06 match between the Carlton Blues and the GWS GIANTS at Marvel Stadium on April 20, 2024 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

"There's a level of confidence, without knowing, about Toby (Greene). We want that to be the case. (Aaron) Cadman has done a really good job for a long period of time, and Max Gruzewski, we've really focused on him. We didn't want to lose a young player like that."

McCartney expected a decision from the Giants captain in the next few weeks, as the lure of Geelong and teaming up with Jeremy Cameron presents itself.

"I'd imagine over the next couple of weeks," McCartney said.

"He's been incredibly invested in what we're doing now, but also over the last three weeks, when it was looking more likely than unlikely that we weren't playing finals and around what we were doing in the off-season program and getting involved in discussions with me around lists. The investments there. But waiting on an answer.

"Definitely not a rebuild or even a reset," McCartney said.

SA club "highly likely" to poach top-rated assistant coach
GWS coach Adam Kingsley and assistant Brett Montgomery at training (Image: Phil Hillyard)

"There is enough talent to work with in this group. There's no doubt about that. It was shown this year with multiple top-line players out, that we were still capable of beating the best sides in the competition. And that was the frustration of this year."

Assistant coach Brett Montgomery is also out the door alongside Stringer and Hogan this off-season.

"He's done a fantastic job over the last four years," McCartney said.

Loading matchup…

"But like a number of our coaches, he's been living away from his family, so incredible effort to do that with us. We've been in a number of discussions for a fair period of time this year.

"We'll be looking to add to our coaching group this off-season."

JOIN THE DISCUSSION