Isaac Quaynor and Trent Bianco during the 2022 AFL Round 1 match between St Kilda and Collingwood (Photo by Cameron Grimes / Zero Digital Media)

Discarded Collingwood wingman Trent Bianco has revealed there is "a little bit of interest out there" as he explores the next steps of his football career, potentially joining a second club this off-season.

The 22-year-old was one of five players cut from the Magpies less than a week on from their premiership win over Brisbane, with Trey Ruscoe, Arlo Draper, Tom Wilson and Cooper Murley also delisted at the cessation of the club's successful 2023 season.

Bianco departed after 23 games in four years with Collingwood, making his debut in 2021 before featuring in just the one match this season.

The writing was on the wall for the outside midfielder, who had a sense his time with the club was likely coming to an end given his expiring contract and limited exposure in the senior side under Craig McRae.

Bianco had shown signs of growth at VFL level over the course of the year but was unable to do enough to earn an extension, with the Oakleigh Chargers graduate happy he was at least able to leave the system knowing he was on the right track.

"You get a little sense, obviously being out of contract," Bianco told Trade Radio of finding out he wouldn't be offered a new deal.

"I didn't want it to pan out that way obviously, but I'm grateful for the club and it's their decision. I've just got to live with that.

"It happens really quick. Walking into Fly's office, we've got a pretty good relationship. He was pretty honest throughout the year, towards the back end especially, with what was likely to be the plan.

"He was upfront, he mentioned that I've improved so much this year especially and that it was just so hard. The team was just so good.

"To hear the words that I'm improving while I'm on the way out is probably a good thing I guess. I'd rather be doing that than not getting a kick."

Steele Sidebottom and Trent Bianco during the 2022 AFL Round 1 match between St Kilda and Collingwood (Photo by Cameron Grimes / Zero Digital Media)

Bianco will use the coming weeks to explore potential interest and the likelihood of an AFL lifeline, with the Rookie Draft, delisted free agency and the Supplemental Selection Period all avenues that could see him back in contention for a list spot with a new club.

Clubs are battling with limited available list spots this off-season but could find a spot for someone like Bianco following the trade and free agency window if a need for outside run opens up.

Bianco revealed there had been some interest so far, with the winger open to moving interstate to keep his career alive.

"There's a little bit of interest out there," Bianco said.

"I would just love to be on an AFL list again. I'm probably hungrier than ever at the moment and I feel like I've got so much more to give.

"I was playing some really good footy this year in the VFL. Our team was gone very well, so it was hard to sort of break in but I feel I've got so much more to give.

"I think I'm at an age now where I've lived the experience in Melbourne and I feel like I'd be ready to make a move (interstate).

The first of three delisted free agency windows will open on November 1, while the 2023 Rookie Draft will take place three weeks later on Wednesday, November 22.