Despite rumours of a two-year extension being offered at the Tigers, Callum Coleman-Jones is still reportedly considering offers from rival clubs.

The news of the potential departure from Tigerland did not sit well with journalist Caroline Wilson.

Wilson did not hold back in sharing her disapproval on the possible move on Nine's Footy Classified, calling for the 200cm Forward to rethink his decision.

"I say, Callum Coleman Jones owes the Tigers" Said Wilson.

"What's past is past, but a good manager and a strong support network would remind this player that his late night Covid breach with Sydney Stack on the eve of the finals last year cost the club a $100,000 dollars out of their soft cap, and some dreadful publicity."

"It reflected badly on everyone at Richmond and then remember the players union dug in when Richmond suggested that players should foot some of the bill."

"Callum Coleman Jones, it’s pretty clear to me what is the right call here."

Collingwood v Richmond - 2021 AFL Community Series
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 05: Callum Coleman-Jones of the Tigers kicks during the AFL Community Series match between the Collingwood Magpies and the Richmond Tigers at Marvel Stadium on March 05, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)

After receiving a ten-match ban and $100,000 fine last year for breaching Covid Protocols, the twenty-one year old ruckman played just eight games for the Tigers this year.

With so little game time in the AFL, journalist Kane Cornes has come to the defence in Coleman-Jones's decision to look elsewhere for game time.

“You can’t blame a player for staying again and playing 15 games in the VFL and four in the AFL because he’s sitting behind Riewoldt and Lynch again” Said Cornes to Nine's Footy Classified.

"You can’t blame him for exploring those opportunities elsewhere.”

With Jack Riewoldt signing on for another season, opportunities may be few and far between again for Coleman-Jones in 2022.

Coleman-Jones is said to have gained interest from both Gold Coast and North Melbourne, with North Melbourne said to be his top pick.

“This morning was a very important morning for Richmond and Callum Coleman-Jones,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“The ruck-forward has been agonising over his future. Richmond has dug in and tried their best to keep him, it’s a two-year offer on the table.

“There is a feeling that he has decided not to take that offer. The big decisions are coming today on this.

Embed from Getty Images

Gold Coast has been really interested and North Melbourne as well. They’re the two suitors for Callum Coleman-Jones.

“He’s had to be very patient and has played nine games in four years. Toby Nankervis is still there, Ivan Soldo comes back from injury, Jack Riewoldt has re-signed, Tom Lynch isn’t going anywhere.

“So it’s real decision time for a young, emerging player who just wants to play.”

 

Volume 0%

 

Edmund believes the Roos are in the box seat if Coleman-Jones chooses to depart Tigerland.

“I think if he leaves Richmond it’s going to be to the Kangaroos,” he said.

“Which if that is the case, it’s an enormous coup for North to prise a player out of Richmond who they desperately want to keep. It would be a huge vote of confidence for the direction they are headed.”