Essendon 2000 Premiership player and current player manager Scott Lucas has provided an update on five of his clients as this year's AFL Trade Period reaches its final hours.
Geelong big man Esava Ratugolea is seeking a move to Port Adelaide with the 24-year-old falling down the pecking order of the Cats' stock of big men.
The 197 cm forward featured on just four occassions in the Cats this season, but made an impression as a defender in the VFL.
Speaking on AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday morning, Lucas claimed talks between the parties are in progress.
SEE ALSO: LIVE AFL TRADE PERIOD DEADLINE DAY BLOG
"Esava is in contract. It was something we were keen to explore and push on with. We think the offer from Port to Geelong is fair, all things considered, but we continue to work on that," the former sharpshooter stated.
"We respect that Geelong has an in-contract player that they like.
"Esava started to play down the backline late in the year for Geelong. That's something that he would like to explore more at Port Adelaide."
Promising Fremantle ruckman Lloyd Meek is exploring a move back home to Victoria, with the 24-year-old keen to join Hawthorn.
Despite displaying excellent form for Peel Thunder in the WAFL, Meek couldn't cement a place in the Dockers 22, only playing six games for the season.
Meek would be a valuable addition to the Hawks' ruck stocks with two-time premiership Hawk Ben McEvoy retiring and both Ned Reeves and Max Lynch showing great promise.
Lucas says Meek's opportunities at the Dockers will be minimal now with the addition of Luke Jackson to pair alongside Sean Darcy.
"What's being offered and Freo's desire to keep him (is holding up the trade to Hawthorn)," Lucas said.
"We just think with Sean Darcy being the number one ruck and bringing in Luke Jackson, Lloyd's really developed his game this year, and we think he's in a good spot to press to be a number one ruckman at another club.
"We just don't think the opportunity will be there at Fremantle to reach his potential."
Former Carlton player Liam Stocker is looking for a new opportunity after his delisting early last month.
The 22-year-old, who was part of the League's first-ever live draft trade in 2018, would play 28 games in three seasons, lining up largely in defence.
With new Coach Michael Voss coming to the helm this season, the former Sandringham Dragon found opportunities hard to come by playing only six games.
Lucas says Stocker has had discussions with other teams about reigniting his AFL career.
"I think there's a real chance (he's on a list next year). He's had a couple of fruitful conversations with clubs at this stage.
"Seeing what clubs get or don't get through the trade period, clubs are really focused on bringing in players to address needs and then once they move through that and perhaps they miss on a player they were keen on as an inside mid, they'll look at players they can sign in delisted free agency."
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti who retired in May this year due to personal reasons is pressing for a return back into the AFL system.
The livewire Bomber has attracted interest from Fremantle to pair alongside pressure forwards Lachie Schultz, Sam Switkowski, Michael Frederick, and veteran Michael Walters.
Mc-Donald-Tipungwuti played 126 games for Essendon kicking 153 goals in six seasons.
Lucas says his client has met with both clubs.
"Certainly other clubs have called and inquired about him," the former Bomber said of the former Bomber.
"Freo was of interest to him because of the potential of him moving there because he has some family in Perth.
"He's since sat down with (Essendon coach) Brad Scott had a good discussion.
"I think where it sits now is he just needs to make a decision around his real desire to play next year and what that looks like from a Freo point of view and how that could eventuate and also with Essendon and how that looks also.
"It's not something that will be dealt with today. Freo would look at it from an SSP point of view and Essendon would see the opportunity to retain him.
"We've had discussions with the AFL... the opportunity would sit there that he could be retained on Essendon's list with the way list lodgements work, that's yet to be confirmed I might add."
Lastly, St Kilda young defender Jack Bytel is out of contract.
Essendon has interest in the 20-year-old who didn't play a senior game in 2022.
Earlier in the week according to AFL Media reporter Josh Gabelich, the former 2018 draftee is more likely to stay at Morrabin in 2023.
Lucas believes a contract will be on the table.
"He's out of contract at the moment. He's got some interest. I don't think that'll be realised during trade period and St Kilda will have a decision on the back of that."
"We've had open and honest discussions and there's a real interest in keeping him. There's some list spot challenges.
"You might rank a player higher than some others on your list, but that player is in contract and they may have to move on some players they may rate to free up list spots.
"We're hopeful a contract will exist at St Kilda."