ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 08: Jared Polec of the Power celebrates with fans after the round 12 AFL match between the Port Adelaide Power and the Richmond Tigers at Adelaide Oval on June 8, 2018 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Kalisz/Getty Images)

Port Adelaide have seemingly resigned to out-of-contract midfielder Jared Polec leaving the club.

The 25-year old is currently deciding between North Melbourne’s massive five-year $3.5 million offer and staying at Alberton Oval on a significantly smaller deal.

The Power’s general manager of football Chris Davies said Polec had not given the club an answer at his exit meeting, but conceded North’s offer may be be too good to resist.

“The reality is going to be, the offer elsewhere is going to be too big for him to pass up at this point,” Davies toldĀ AFL.com.

“We’ve put an offer to Jared previously that he knows exactly what it is and he’s got to make some decisions over the next period of time.

SEE ALSO:  REPORTS: Crows midfielder linked to Tigers

“We’ve been really clear on the fact that he’s got offers from other clubs.

“The longer this goes, the more likely he is to be leaving the club.”

Port coach Ken Hinkley said should Polec elect to the leave the club, adequate compensation would be required.

“If you look at his rankings, he’ll rank up alongside Gaff, they’re the best two outside mids in the competition by the numbers,” Hinkley told SEN.

“If you’re losing one of the best, you’ve got to get a good return.”

Davies added that gun utility Chad Wingard would remain at the club and was not on the trade block.

SEE ALSO:  Best value bets for 2018 Brownlow Medal

“From our perspective, we’re planning for Chad to be here,” Davies said.

“He’s contracted for another year.

“When players become free agents down the track, there’s obviously a fair bit of speculation about them the year before.”