Gold Coast has failed to rule out a play for Collingwood veteran and leader Scott Pendlebury this off-season.

The Suns are crying out for guidance and direction within the playing group after cutting too deep into their experience over the off-season.

Club football boss Craig Cameron alluded to the need to bring in some older players, and the Pies midfielder has been sounded out by the Suns regarding a potential move to Queensland, as his future at Collingwood has yet to be confirmed.

Essendon is also understood to be interested in Pendlebury in the same vein.

"We have some interest in anyone who can help. Our leadership looks pretty young," Cameron said on SEN.

"I think if he were interested in coming to us, we'd have to think about it from both those aspects. I think he still played some pretty good footy here. There's no doubt about his leadership qualities.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 25: Scott Pendlebury of the Magpies speaks after being presented the Anzac Medal following the 2026 AFL Round 07 match between the Essendon Bombers and the Collingwood Magpies at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on April 25, 2026 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Craig Dooley/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 25: Scott Pendlebury of the Magpies speaks after being presented the Anzac Medal following the 2026 AFL Round 07 match between the Essendon Bombers and the Collingwood Magpies at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on April 25, 2026 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Craig Dooley/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

"I should say, he's actually a player for another club at the moment who is embarking on a finals campaign. So I should say as little as possible about that.

"Anything that can help a growing young captain like Noah. I think we need to look at it. Noah's been terrific, and this year you'll learn a lot from I think, because it's a year that none of us expected, and I think you can grow from those years or not. But I do think we need to get some support."

Loading matchup…

Cameron was also quizzed on the future of key forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

The former Bulldog joined the club via a trade last year after spending 12 months on the sidelines. Only signing a one-year deal with triggers, Ugle-Hagan cracked into the senior side on three occasions, failing to reach the mark for an automatic extension, leaving his contract status uncertain.

The departure of Ben King to Hawthorn is likely to work in the former Pick 1's favour.

GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - MAY 03: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan of the Suns celebrates a goal during the 2026 AFL Round 08 match between the Gold Coast Suns and the GWS Giants at People First Stadium on May 3, 2026 in the Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Russell Freeman/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - MAY 03: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan of the Suns celebrates a goal during the 2026 AFL Round 08 match between the Gold Coast Suns and the GWS Giants at People First Stadium on May 3, 2026 in the Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Russell Freeman/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

"Jamara, he's made great strides from a personal perspective in terms of where his life is now compared to where it was 12 months ago," Cameron said.

"From a footy perspective, I think what it shows is you can't be out of the game and live that lifestyle for 12 months and step straight back in because physically you're not prepared for the rigours of AFL football. He's had a number of niggles across the year.

"In terms of where Jamara is for next year, we haven't made that decision. But yeah, it was a low-level trade in terms of collateral, and I still think that Jamarra can get back towards playing some of his better footy.

"There's no compunction for us to make that decision quickly. We just go through what we need to do at the end of the year. We haven't had the year we like, so it's important that we look at everything."

JOIN THE DISCUSSION