North Melbourne's Jason Horne-Francis. Photo: Michael Willson, AFL PHOTOS

Wantaway No.1 pick Jason Horne-Francis' options are said to be between Port Adelaide and North Melbourne this off-season, with Adelaide understood to be of little interest to the teenager.

The Kangaroos confirmed the midfielder's stunning trade request back to his home state of South Australia on Sunday night, with Horne-Francis' tenure with North Melbourne now likely to conclude after one season and 17 games at Arden Street.

After battling homesickness, the South Adelaide product has lodged a request to land at Alberton from next season, with a deal from the Power understood to be at least four years long.

According to News Corp, Horne-Francis had been left unsettled throughout his first season with the club, feeling as though he gained little support from the Roos as speculation continued around his future.

But while Port Adelaide sits in the front seat for Horne-Francis' services, it seems Adelaide aren't seen as a chance to acquire the top-rated midfielder, who will either land a trade to the Power or see out the final year of his contract with the Kangaroos.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes has revealed that Horne-Francis has already met with Port Adelaide key figures Ken Hinkley and Chris Davies, who have been left impressed by the youngster's "character".

“He's not interested in going to Adelaide,” Cornes told AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

“Chris Davies, Ken Hinkley, Jason Horne-Francis and his manager Ben Williams met in person last week. Port Adelaide were really impressed by him and his character, albeit understanding he had some challenges last year.

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 06: Jason Horne-Francis of the Kangaroos celebrates kicking a goal during the AFL AAMI Community Series match between the Sydney Swans and the North Melbourne Kangaroos at GIANTS Stadium on March 06, 2022 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

“We saw that play out in that he was dropped a couple of times, he put his contract talks on hold, he had some disciplinary actions on-field and was suspended. They understand that.

“It's only Port Adelaide. He's not interested at all in looking at or speaking to the Adelaide Football Club.”

Port Adelaide are expected to fork up at least two first-round selections to please North Melbourne, with the SA club currently holding Pick 8 at this year's National Draft and their own first-round pick for next year.

Already deep into conversations with Gold Coast forward Izak Rankine, it's unlikely the Crows would have the draft capital to compete with the Roos after gaining Rankine this off-season.