MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 30: Trent Dumont of the Kangaroos celebrates a goal during the 2016 AFL Round 19 match between the North Melbourne Kangaroos and the St Kilda Saints at Etihad Stadium on July 30, 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Media/Getty Images)

Freshly delisted Kangaroo Trent Dumont has revealed the level of interest he has received from AFL clubs as the 26-year-old continues his search for a footballing lifeline.

Dumont was North Melbourne's vice-captain throughout seasons 2020 and 2021, playing in 14 of the club's 23 matches this season.

The South Australian was drafted in the 2013 National Draft at Pick 30 from SANFL side Norwood, however, faced a slow start to AFL life.

Dumont debuted in 2015 and only really cemented himself in the Roos' best 22 in 2017 where he played 19 times under former coach Brad Scott.

The midfielder chalked up 113 games for the 'Shinboners' before being delisted last week with, the Dumont signalling his intent to play away from Arden Street and continue his AFL career.

Embed from Getty Images

Speaking on 3AW on Tuesday, Dumont told of the interest he had been garnering from rival clubs in recent times.

“There’s a few (clubs interested), but it’s been up and down in regards to what they’re giving,” he said.

“Initially, across the trade period there was list management decisions that needed to be made about players and draft hands and points.

“It’s calmed down a bit and the last couple of days we’ve started to hear calls again through the manager.

“It’s been exciting, but I don’t want to say any club names because it’s hot and cold at the same time.”

In August it was reported that the Bombers were one side that was interested in bringing in Dumont, however no such move transpired.

Embed from Getty Images

As a South Australian, logic dictates that the midfielder might be lured back home to one of the Adelaide-based sides, but again no solid advances have been made by Port or the Crows.

Dumont added that his sentiments towards the Roos are not sour by any means, with the 26-year-old showing appreciation for the club's services.

“Even though I think my best footy is definitely in their best 22, this year I’ll put my hand up, I didn’t play the footy that I wanted to and that’s fair enough," he said.

“But change has to happen at a club that’s not performing well.

“No ill-feelings. I felt like it was dealt with pretty well, still love all the boys there, still love the people there."

The Roos are slowly building back towards being a competitive force after several years spent at the foot of the ladder.

Their trade period of 2021 saw them add just one fresh face in the form of Richmond tall Callum Coleman-Jones, with star defender Robbie Tarrant going the other way to make Punt Road his new home.

Embed from Getty Images

The draft is where North Melbourne are set to build from, with No.1 pick-in-waiting Jason Horne-Francis generating a mammoth amount of hype, especially after his star display in South Adelaide's SANFL preliminary final.

The club also hold picks 20, 42, 47, 72 and 77, meaning that a huge influx of young talent will be strolling through the doors at Arden Street over the off-season.

North will be keen to improve on their wooden spoon finish, with next season already showing much promise off the back of their prospective summer moves.