Petrevski-Seton has averaged 13.5 disposals and kicked four games in the opening 10 rounds and is one of the favourites to win this year’s rising star award.
The 19-year-old did not play a game in the JLT Series this year, but the Blues had no hesitation in throwing him straight into senior football in round one this season, showing just how highly he is rated.
Just over a month into his career, Petrevski-Seton, who grew up in the small town of Halls Creek in Western Australia, said in May he had thoroughly loved his time in Melbourne thus far and wanted to remain at the Blues.
“(Coming to Victoria) was what I wanted. I spent four years in Perth and wanted a new challenge to come over and play my footy over here,” Petrevski-Seton said.
“I’m really grateful to be here at Carlton. I’m enjoying life here at the moment. I’m just trying to adapt. Winter is starting to come around and it’s challenging for me to face.
“But I’ll face it for the next 10 years. I’m lucky, a lot of people from where I come from never get a chance to fly to major cities. Melbourne is the home of footy and that’s what I love about it.”
Now it appears it may put his money where his mouth already and sign a long term with the club, with reports emerging he is set to sign a five-year deal with Carlton.
— Lachy Reid (@Lachy_Reid) June 1, 2017
Petrevski-Seton, who signed a standard draftee contract when he was recruited last year, is currently contracted until the end of next year.