Despite several media members suggesting that a move back to Western Australia would benefit GWS captain Stephen Coniglio, the Giants' general manager of football operations Jason McCartney has claimed that no offers have arisen.
Coniglio has seen his form dip since taking on the leadership role in Sydney's west, with some believing the title is acting as an anchor to his on-field woes.
The 27-year-old was sensationally dropped from Leon Cameron's senior side during the back-half of the 2020 season and has yet to truly recapture the red hot outputs of his past campaigns.
Due to this double-year nadir, both Kane Cornes and former Giants' list manager Stephen Silvagni have recently stated that a return for Coniglio to his state of origin could act as an antidote to his muted statistics.
Still, when speaking to AFL Trade Radio, McCartney revealed that no advances had come from Cornes' preferred landing spot for the embattled skipper.
“Fremantle haven’t asked the question," the former Magpie, Crow and Kangaroo said.
"I’ve spoken with nearly all the clubs – and these early chats, it’s pretty much line and length to be honest, everything tends to heat up when it starts Monday and through next week – but it’s not something we’ve discussed, it’s not something another club’s discussed with us."
Though further criticism of Coniglio's captaincy has come from Nick Dal Santo of late, McCartney was "comfortable" with how every member of the Giants' seven-man leadership group had performed across a season that saw a return to the finals.
The footy boss also suggested that external commentary on Coniglio's leadership was unwarranted, as those outside of the club's four walls were not privy to the former pick two's ability to work with the list's youth.
In addition to this, McCartney expressed to Trade Radio listeners that the Swan Districts product was “fully aware he just needs a really strong pre-season” after only lacing the boots on seven occasions this season.
Though the 66-game forward has reportedly cited family reasons for his desire to shift south-west, the man who would oversee his potential exit remained unsure "how genuine the Port interest is" in the 25-year-old.
Further to this, McCartney's counterpart at Alberton, Chris Davies, suggested that Finalyson's signature wasn't a "priority" for the back-to-back preliminary finalists.
Despite the potential of losing yet another tall forward option a year after Jeremy Cameron's departure, McCartney suggested that the off-season would likely remain quite for the league's newest club.
With pick 2 added to their draft hand via a pick swap with Collingwood last season, the man tasked with attracting talent to the club believed it was highly unlikely that the prized selection would be on the table.
“At this point in time, we’re really comfortable with that pick. A couple of clubs that are not too far away in picks from us that are inside that top five that haven’t really asked a question but have sort of sounded out a little bit," McCartney said.
“We’d be loathed to be moving back too far when essentially the genesis of that Pick 2 is basically the last first-round pick we got for Jeremy Cameron last year. At this point in time, it’d need to something very, very appealing to move back from Pick 2.”
Rookies Zach Sproule and Jake Stein are also set to remain on in the same capacity with a pair of one-year deals.