Former Richmond and Adelaide forward Tyson Stengle is reportedly on Collingwood’s radar ahead of the 2021 Mid-Season Draft.
As reported by The Herald Sun’s Chris Cavanagh, the Magpies could use one of their two available list spots to hand the 22-year-old an AFL lifeline.
The Crows cut ties with the promising forward earlier this year after three separate indiscretions across an eight month period that placed the club in disrepute.
Richmond have already been linked to the Woodville-West Torrens star, with Collingwood the latest club now eager for Stengle’s services.
Stengle is still required to nominate for the Mid-Season Draft, along with former teammates Riley Knight and Jordan Gallucci.
Speaking on SEN last week, AFL draft analyst Cal Twomey said Stengle would likely be a highly-coveted prospect for the Mid-Season Draft on June 2.
“Tyson Stengle is a player who will be looked at by clubs, there’s no doubt about that,” Twomey said.
“There’s a view that he is the most talented player outside the AFL system right now.
“Does a club give him his third chance at AFL level? He’s a prospect.”
Port Adelaide champion Kane Cornes urged the Magpies to move for Stengle when offering a left-field recruitment concept for the club last month.
“I reckon if I was Collingwood, I’d be having a close look at Tyson Stengle in the Mid-Season Draft,” Cornes said on SEN.
“Let go by Adelaide, I know he’s got significant issues, but he’s playing SANFL footy over here (in Adelaide) and has been training.
“He is a player they can add for nothing into the forward line with some speed and goalkicking prowess.”
With the current ladder order, the Magpies would hold the third overall selection in the Rookie Draft, following the top selections of North Melbourne and Hawthorn.
According to News Corp, the Blues are also keeping tabs on Stengle, but would need to open up a list spot to enter the Mid-Season Draft.
Stengle played a total of 16 AFL games between his stints with Adelaide and Richmond, booting 15 goals.