Essendon great Matthew Lloyd has listed his 20 best players of the season, per AFL.com.au.
Taking out the top spot in his list is Geelong forward Tom Hawkins, who had a brilliant 2020 campaign, winning the Coleman Medal with 49 goals to his name and playing an immense part in push to the Grand Final.
Coming in at number two for Lloyd was 2020 Brownlow Medallist Lachie Neale, who had a superb year for the Lions, averaging 26.89 disposals and leading the Lions to a Preliminary Final.
Christian Petracca came in at number three after a breakout season with the Demons, which very much put the rest of the AFL on notice for the years to come.
Matthew Lloyd’s Top 20 from 2020:
- Tom Hawkins (Geelong)
- Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
- Christian Petracca (Melbourne)
- Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)
- Nic Naitanui (West Coast)
- Jack Steele (St Kilda)
- Taylor Adams (Collingwood)
- Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
- Darcy Moore (Collingwood)
- Harris Andrews (Brisbane)
- Caleb Daniel (Western Bulldogs)
- Dustin Martin (Richmond)
- Steven May (Melbourne)
- Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
- Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
- Jarryd Lyons (Brisbane)
- Cam Guthrie (Geelong)
- Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)
- Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
- Jackson Macrae (Western Bulldogs)