Carlton football director Chris Judd has said on Monday’s Footy Classified that veteran players will be “something we’ll be looking at” this off-season.
Carlton has been linked to the likes of Eddie Betts and Sam Jacobs, both of whom are former Blues and 200-plus game players.
Without mentioning players by name, Judd said that they’ll be looking towards a different age demographic than they have been in previous years.
“We’re going to be linked to lots and lots of players over this period,” he told Footy Classified.
“It depends what your motivation is, but yeah, it’s something we’ll be looking at.
“Not necessarily specifically those players, but players from different age demographics depending on what we need with our group.”
Carlton re-signed veteran defender Kade Simpson on a one-year contract earlier this season, but did not offer 32-year-old midfielder Dale Thomas a new contract after a consistent season in 2019.
Reports emerged on Monday that Jacobs had met with Carlton, and was only offered an incentive based one-year deal to remain at the Crows.
Jacobs was a mainstay in the Crows’ line-up before a minor knee injury and the impressive performances of Reilly O’Brien kept him out of the side for the majority of 2019.