Barlow was spotted at a meeting with Suns players yesterday, and has now officially accepted an offer from the Gold Coast.
“The opportunity that arose and the presentation Marcus Ashcroft and Rodney Eade put to me was at the high end and the demographic of the group as well,” Barlow told the Suns’ website.
“I’m just super excited to come to a group that sees real worth for my attributes.”
“As I said the demographic of the group, we’re going to have four picks inside the top 20 and some players that showed some real growth last year as well as the inclusions of guys like Lyons, Hanley and Witts.”
— Patrick Keane (@AFL_PKeane) November 8, 2016
The midfielder was delisted by the Dockers last month after 126 games in sevens seasons.
He played 13 games in 2016, averaging 24.5 disposals.
Henderson was also delisted by Adelaide, although the 28-year-old has been given a second chance by Hawthorn.
“Ricky is a terrific addition to our list and has the versatility to play both in the midfield and across half-back,” Hawthorn Recruiting and List Manager Graham Wright said.
“We look forward to welcoming him to the club and seeing what he can produce in the brown and gold.”
He played 90 games for Adelaide since making his debut for the club in 2010, and played nine games in 2016, averaging 22.1 disposals and six marks.