Name: Jack Lukosius
Position: Tall forward
Club: Woodville West Torrens/South Australia
Weight: 85 kg
Draft Range: 1-5
Summary: Extremely exciting tall-forward prospect likened to Nick Riewoldt.
- Natural forward who leads smartly and presents all game
- Precise long kick
- Excellent athleticism and movement
- Can run and get up the ground
- Proven consistent goalkicker in the SANFL
- Can also play as a key defender
- Overhead marking strong but not consistently off one grab
- One-on-one contests sometimes lost
Jack Lukosius is an incredibly exciting key forward prototype who many clubs would have pinned as a potential No.1 pick.
Lukosius covers the ground in a manner reminiscent of Nick Riewoldt and can find and hit targets with unnerving accuracy. He is the model of a new breed of key forward: scoreboard impact combined with elite endurance and impact across the entirety of the ground. Lukosius has also proven himself as a big game performer, including four goals on debut in a SANFL league preliminary final.
Lukosius would be an excellent and logical addition to Gold Coast’s roster with pick No.2 if Carlton passes him over, especially with the departure of Tom Lynch leaving an urgent need for a new key forward.