Global brand Puma and Richmond superstar Dustin Martin have mutually agreed to break their four-year contract after just 14 months.
After his Brownlow Medal winning season in 2017, Martin reportedly re-upped with Puma for $500,000 on a new deal, although that contract has been torn up according to Channel Seven’s Tom Browne.
Browne first spoke of the news on Talking Footy on Monday night, and tweeted out Puma’s statement early on Tuesday morning.
Puma provided this statement to @talkingfooty last night, I expect they’ll release it this morning regarding Dustin Martin. I think puma keen on Jordan De Goey as their main man @7NewsMelbourne @mmmhotbreakfast pic.twitter.com/PZIirsZSxJ
— Tom Browne (@TomBrowne7) April 22, 2019
Browne says Puma have their eyes on Jordan De Goey, with the Collingwood forward impressing so far this season.
“We have loved working with Dustin and watching him go from strength to strength throughout his career. For the moment, our journey with Dustin has come to an end and we wish him all the best for the remainder of the 2019 season and for what the future holds,” Puma Oceania General Manager Pancho Gutstein said.