Image: nine.com.au

Footy Show star Damian Barrett will not return to the program following his spat with Collingwood president and host Eddie McGuire, according to a report by Fox Sports.

Barrett and McGuire reportedly clashed before last Thursday’s edition over what story would lead the news segment, which was said to involve the Magpies.

It is understood that the Nine Network program is set for a makeover in the off-season, with its rival, Channel Seven’s Front Bar, dominating the ratings war.

Senior AFL journalist and Footy Classified’s Caroline Wilson expects several big names to depart The Footy Show, including Barrett and long-time panellist Sam Newman.

“I don’t reckon Sam Newman will be on the show,” Wilson told Adelaide’s FIVEaa.

“We know Rebecca Maddern won’t be on the show. And we know it’s going to be a completely new show but we believe Eddie McGuire will be the host.

“I would imagine though that Damian Barrett will probably not be on the Footy Show next year. I think he’s looking to do some other stuff with his journalistic career. That would be my prediction.”

The Herald Sun reported last month that McGuire is the only Footy Show member who is safe to remain on the program beyond 2018, casting uncertainty around the futures of Billy Brownless, Shane Crawford, Brendan Fevola, Chris Judd and Dane Swan.

SEE ALSO:  Bontempelli recommits to Dogs

McGuire’s media company produces The Footy Show, but talks of a 2019 season have not yet commenced.