Former Port Adelaide midfielder Kane Cornes believes Carlton’s future may not be as bright as many people think.
Following the Blues’ 30-point loss to the Swans at the SCG on Friday night, Carlton moved to 1-10 on the season, and have a percentage of just 63.5%, the worst in the competition.
“I don’t want to continually knock Carlton, but have we overestimated the strength of their young talent coming through?” Cornes told SEN’s Crunch Time on Saturday morning.
“Then I’m not as convinced on the next level, I think Sam Petrevksi-Seton will get there and he’ll be a 200 game player.
“After that, Jacob Weitering I’ve got a question mark next to him although I think he’ll probably make it, Jack Silvagni showed signs as you said, but a question mark once again, Harry McKay’s a question mark, he wasn’t in the side last night.
“Paddy Dow we think is going to be a good player and you can’t judge him too harshly in his first year.”
Cornes went on to say he’s been more impressed with Brisbane so far this season, and would choose the Lions’ list over Carlton’s at the moment.
“If you look at their side compared to Brisbane, I think Brisbane has got more talent coming through the ranks with the players coming through,” he said.
“I’m still not as optimistic as the Carlton supporters are.
“Right now I’d rather be Brisbane than Carlton, call me a little bit cynical but I’m not quite convinced.”