Carlton have begun to address the worrying spike in injuries that saw key personnel sidelined through extended periods of the 2022 season.
Star quintet Harry McKay, Sam Walsh, Jacob Weitering, Adam Cerra and George Hewett were part of the long list of Blues players sidelined at some stage of the season, with a total of just three players appearing in all 22 home and away matches this year.
Injuries continued to hamper the likes of Zac Williams, Mitch McGovern, Jack Martin and many others throughout the course of Michael Voss' maiden campaign in charge of the Blues, adding to a frustrating season for the Victorian powerhouse.
Answering the questions of members this week, Sayers told the club's Summer Sessions series that they're looking to dive into the issue, however ruled out the surface of Ikon Park being a leading factor for the club's extended casualty ward.
"We've had a look at the high-performance area, the medical area and the interconnectedness to coaching and the way in which we do all that," Sayers said.
"We've made some changes in the off-season, none related to the turf (at Ikon Park).
"We're absolutely focused on that, making sure we have our players up and about, and physically fit as we possibly can.
"We're gonna have injuries every year, but we want to minimise that."
Carlton's injury woes will continue into the new year, with Walsh still battling a back issue that saw him miss his side's season-defining loss to Collingwood in Round 23.
Walsh remains on a modified program after being a late withdrawal from the August 21 match, compounding concerns among members.
Carlton confirmed earlier this month that Walsh, Hewett (back), Marc Pittonet (knee) and Lachie Fogarty (back) are also requiring rehabilitation throughout the pre-season.
The Blues will return to next month following the Christmas break, while their 2023 campaign will commence on March 16 at the MCG against Richmond.