Daniher has been named to play in his first AFL game since Round 9 of last year in Thursday’s clash against the Hawks, with injuries hampering the key forward’s last 12 months.
Some 𝘽𝙄𝙂 inclusions.
Bring on Thursday twilight footy 💪
— Essendon FC (@essendonfc) August 26, 2020
The 26-year old is set to become a restricted free agent at the end of this season, meaning the Bombers have the right to match any offer he receives.
Speaking on Channel 9’s Footy Classified, Lloyd believes a number of clubs are monitoring his situation should he remain fit.
“If he gets through five games, I don‘t care how he plays, but he gets through the five, there will be five to six clubs who want Joe Daniher,” Lloyd told Channel 9’s Footy Classified.
“I won‘t say who they are, but I know a number of clubs.
“If he wants to stay, they are desperate for him to stay at Essendon, and they are hoping he chooses Essendon.”
Lloyd added that the Bombers are yet to table the forward a contract extension.
“They have not tried to get Joe (to re-sign), they haven‘t even put an offer to him,” Lloyd said.
“All they want to see is Joe get back to play football and to see him get back to a happy place again.
“They reckon he‘s never been happier and more engaged with the Essendon group than he has been in the last two or three weeks that he’s gotten closer to playing.”
Earlier in the week, AFL reporter Mark Stevens revealed Daniher could yet remain a Bomber despite the outside perception that he wants out.
“I’m hearing that he’s now a really strong chance to stay at Essendon and recommit to the Bombers,” he said on RSN Central.
“He’s far more in-love with Tullamarine than the outside perception.