MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 24: Simon Goodwin the assistant coach of the Demons speaks to Angus Brayshaw during the round five AFL match between the Melbourne Demons and the Richmond Tigers at Melbourne Cricket Ground on April 24, 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)

Melbourne midfielder Angus Brayshaw suffered another concussion in the VFL on Saturday night, which sees his immediate future up in the air.

The 21-year-old suffered the injury in an incident in the second quarter of his side’s 46-point win over North Ballarat, and did not feature during the second half.

The concussion adds to Brayshaw’s long list of head knocks over his short career at the Demons, and Casey coach Justin Plapp told afl.com.au Brayshaw would be closely watched over the coming days given his history.

“With his background last year, the medicos felt it was the right decision to finish him up and assess him through the week,” Plapp said.

“Initially they might’ve felt it was on the mild side, but to what extent at the moment, we don’t know.

“He’ll be assessed like anyone else around the concussion protocols.”

During a stint in the VFL last season, Brayshaw suffered two concussions in the space of three weeks in May.

After the second concussion, Brayshaw missed the next month of football due to recovering from the knock.

The number three draft pick has been limited to just 33 games for Melbourne, since being selected in the 2014 national draft.

He played in the opening two rounds for Melbourne this season, before being dropped for their round three clash with Geelong.