ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 20: Paddy Ryder poses for a photoraph after speaking to the media at Port Adelaide Power headquarters on November 20, 2014 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Morne de Klerk/Getty Images)

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says his side should also be given list concessions after the recent Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling.

The AFL has allowed Essendon to upgrade all five of its rookie listed players and sign up to ten top-up players for the 2016 season.

The other four AFL clubs affected by the guilty ruling can upgrade one player from its rookie list.

Hinkley is furious that the Power cannot sign more than one player, as the club has two players (Angus Monfries and Paddy Ryder) banned for the season, meaning the Bombers can start the season with 43 players, where as the Power can only enter the season will 42.

SEE ALSO:  How Will Andrew Gaff Incident Impact West Coast Eagles?

“How do you get penalised for not creating the problem and have to deal with it? It doesn’t make sense to me,” Hinkley told Adelaide radio station 5AA.

“You would think at worst we would not start the season below the numbers of the Essendon Football Club.

“Essendon should not start the season with 43 and us with 42 players.”

Essendon has so far signed two top-up players, former Fremantle player Ryan Crowley and former Geelong triple-premiership player, James Kelly.