Carlton coach Michael Voss says that Elijah Hollands is a "very strong chance" of regaining his spot on the club's list after an impressive summer.
Hollands was delisted with one year remaining on his contract, but was asked to return to the club in a bid to secure a spot via the SSP.
"Very strong chance," Voss said on Monday morning on SEN.
"He's trained exceptionally well, we've obviously got to make decisions on that — I think we've got a couple of days or even a week to make those final calls.
"He's done everything asked of him on and off the field, and he's been really diligent with the way he's gone about it.
"And we couldn't ask more from him about what he's done. He's had a particularly impressive pre-season."
Hollands is vying for the singular spot at the club alongside GWS swingman, Wade Derksen, who was asked by Carlton to push for AFL selection.
Derksen replaced small forward Will White, who the Blues delisted after 12 months at Ikon Park.
The former Giant is a 194-centimetre utility, who was last year named in the VFL Team of the Year as a defender, and had previously been linked with the Melbourne Demons, although that move never eventuated.
The SSP duo both played in last week's match simulation against Brisbane.
The Blues currently have one vacancy at the club, but could move to two spots if they place Jesse Motlop on the inactive list following his ACL injury, ruling him out for 2026.
Get set for the footy with the FREE Zero Hanger 2026 AFL Season Guide! Packed with 150+ pages of player profiles, team previews, insights and analysis, the 2026 AFL Season Guide is built for fans who want the full picture. Download your free Season Guide HERE.

















