The AFL is said to be aware of a patron pitch invading during Sunday's game at Marvel Stadium between North Melbourne and Collingwood, with the patron in question said to be the brother of an AFL player.

The incident is the latest of its kind this year after a fan stormed the field in Round 2 when the Crows hosted Geelong at Adelaide Oval, with a 22-year-old man handed a life ban from attending AFL and AFLW matches at any venue.

"Running onto the ground during a match is not only senseless but it is unsafe and unlawful," AFL general counsel Stephen Meade said in a league statement in April.

"If you choose to do it, then you will not only be given a significant fine but you will have deal with local authorities and ultimately lose the privilege of attending AFL matches."

The league looks set to deal with another pitch invader this week as footage of a man running onto Marvel Stadium during the fourth quarter of Sunday's game has surfaced.

According to 9 News reporter Tom Morris, the man in question is the brother of second-year Western Bulldogs forward Charlie Clarke and is said to be close friends with Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard, who was celebrating his 200th game against the Kangaroos.

The pitch invader was pictured with his brother and Maynard following the game.

The AFL has handed down a lifetime ban on the patron who ran onto the ground during Sunday's game, with the sanction eligible to be reviewed after five years.

“Running onto the ground during a match is dangerous, senseless and unlawful,” AFL General Counsel Stephen Meade said.

“As we reiterated earlier in the year, if you choose to do it you will have deal with local authorities and ultimately lose the privilege of attending AFL matches.”

The invader who stormed Adelaide Oval earlier this year was facing a maximum fine of $5000 for breaching South Australia's Recreation Grounds Regulations and was due to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court this week.

Two more pitch invaders ended up in the hands of MCG security during this year's Easter Monday game between Geelong and Hawthorn in April

The pair of invaders took to the field during the game's weather-impacted extended three-quarter time break as both sets of players and officials were off the ground.