MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 11: Patrick Dangerfield of the Cats gives instructions during the round 12 AFL match between the Geelong Cats and the North Melbourne Kangaroos at Etihad Stadium on June 11, 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)

Round 14 MRP results

The Match Review Panel has released its findings for Round 14, with just one charge laid.

North Melbourne’s Michael Firrito can accept a $1,000 sanction for striking Mitch McGovern.

Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield’s Brownlow Medal chances are still in tact, after he was cleared of contact on St Kilda’s Jarryn Geary.

The MRP concluded that contact with Dangerfield’s knee and Geary’s head was accidental with the Geelong’s player’s leg being held.

Richmond’s Jacob Townsend was also cleared of contact on Mitch Robinson. The MRP said Townsend was simply contesting the ball and had no realistic alternative way to contest the footy.

Full Round 14 MRP statement:

Charges Laid:

Michael Firrito, North Melbourne, has been charged with striking Mitch McGovern, Adelaide Crows, during the third quarter of the Round 14 match between North Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows, played at Adelaide Oval on Thursday June 23, 2016.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Other incidents assessed

Contact between Richmond’s Jacob Townsend and the Brisbane LionsMitch Robinson from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The panel said Robinson was trying to win possession of the ball after a bounce, with Townsend coming towards him from the side. As Robinson took the ball, Townsend had one arm out and was reaching for the ball, as he was committed to the contest. Contact was made between the two players. It was the view of the panel that Townsend was contesting the ball and had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Geelong CatsPatrick Dangerfield and St Kilda’s Jarryn Geary from the third quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Geary tackled Dangerfield and took the Geelong player to the ground. As Dangerfield returned to his feet and sought to return to the play, Geary had hold of his lower leg and contact was made to the St Kilda player. It was the view of the panel the contact was accidental with the Geelong player having his leg held, and no further action was taken.