After free agency opened today, here are all the deals that are official after the first day of movement.
Friday, October 12
- St Kilda have landed Dan Hannebery on a five-year deal, in a trade with the Swans. Both clubs traded picks too, as the Saints got Hannebery for quite a nice price.
- North Melbourne and Melbourne have completed a straight swap of sorts, with Dom Tyson and Braydon Preuss switching clubs. The Roos through in a draft pick too, pick 62.
- The Saints landed their Melbourne speedster, with Dean Kent switching clubs. Kent came relatively cheap, with pick 65 switching hands.
- Carlton added another Giant, with Will Setterfield switching to the Blues, two years after they missed selecting him in the draft.
Thursday, October 11
- Fremantle and Port Adelaide have swapped six draft picks, including their first round selections from this season.
Wednesday, October 10
- Brisbane and Gold Coast exchanged seven picks, with the Lions have sent picks 24, 58 and 79 to the Suns in exchange for picks 32, 41, 44 and 77.
- Carlton, Adelaide and Sydney were involved in a three-team trade, that saw Mitch McGovern land at the Blues. The Swans helped out Carlton, trading picks 26 and 28 to Carlton for pick 13 to help them grab McGovern.
- North Melbourne have welcomed both Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard, giving pick 11 and a future swap of picks to the Power.
- Geelong have added Gary Rohan, while Sydney have landed Ryan Clarke. The teams completed a three-way trade, with the Cats effectively giving up Lincoln McCarthy for Rohan, given they used the pick (61) the Lions gave them on Monday.
- West Coast have gained cover for the loss of ruckman Scott Lycett, after trading for Saint Tom Hickey. The Eagles gave up pick 39 in the deal, which also included some future pick swaps.
- Alex Fasolo has joined Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. Collingwood will recieve pick 57 as compensation.
Tuesday, October 9
- Scott Lycett moved to Port Adelaide on a five-year deal as a restricted free agent. The AFL have confirmed the Eagles will receive and End of First Round compensation pick for the ruckman.
Monday, October 8
- In the first trade of the trade period, Geelong sent Lincoln McCarthy, picks 54 and 57 to Brisbane for picks 42 and 60.
- Tom Lynch moved to Richmond as a restricted free agent on a massive seven-year deal. The Suns have confirmed they will receive a first-round compensation pick for Lynch, which currently sits at pick three.
- Richmond traded midfielders Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles to the Suns as well as a 2019 third round selection, in exchange for Gold Coast’s 2019 third round selection.
- Carlton has traded one of it’s two state-league player selections, with South Australian forward Nathan Kreuger moved on to Geelong in return for pick 42. The Blues were allowed by the AFL to select two state-league players this off-season, and could use them or trades, or decide to keep them.
Friday, October 5
- Reece Conca moved to Fremantle on a three-year deal as an unrestricted free agent. Richmond received an end-of-second-round compensation pick for Conca, which currently sits at pick 36.
- Luke Dahlhaus moved to Geelong on a four-year deal as an unrestricted free agent. The Dogs received a second-round compensation pick for Dahlhaus, which is currently pick 25.