– Over their past 12 matches, Fremantle has won just twice and lost 10 times. They beat the Bulldogs both times (round 23, 2016 and round three, 2017).
– Gold Coast endured the 12th biggest two-game turnaround in AFL history, with their 102-point loss to GWS followed by their 86-point win over Hawthorn equaling a 188-point swing.
– Lance Franklin went goalless against Collingwood for the first time in his career. However, Brisbane, Essendon, Hawthorn and Gold Coast are still yet to keep the 250-game key forward goalless in a game.
– Hawthorn forward Jack Gunston hasn’t kicked a goal in the opening three rounds of the season, his first three-game streak in his 130-game career without any goals.
– If Richmond beat Brisbane on Sunday afternoon, Tigers fans can cancel their September holidays. Only five sides from 37 since 1994 have failed to reach the finals series after a 4-0 start to the season.
– On the other hand, Sydney and Hawthorn will both be praying for a win this weekend, as no team has bounced back from an 0-4 start to play finals in the past 40 years. North Melbourne was the last side to do so in 1975.
– After Gary Ablett’s 36 disposal and two goal game against Hawthorn last weekend, he has now moved eight games clear at the top of a very impressive statistic. Ablett has had 26 games of 35+ disposals and 2+ goals, leading Greg Williams (18), Dane Swan (16) and Leigh Matthews (14).