MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 23: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti of the Bombers celebrates a goal during the round 23 AFL match between the Collingwood Magpies and the Essendon Bombers at Melbourne Cricket Ground on August 23, 2019 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images)

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has signed a three-year extension with the Bombers, with the forward now contracted until the end of the 2022 season.

McDonald-Tipungwuti has booted 26 goals for Essendon this season, including a career-best seven majors against Brisbane in round four.

“I am really enjoying playing football for this club and I can’t wait to continue my journey with the Bombers,” McDonald-Tipungwuti told the club’s website.

“I’m thankful to the club and my teammates for the opportunities I’ve had so far, as well as the Essendon fans for their support along the years too. I just want to continue to work hard and play my role to help this group achieve the success that we’re all after over the next few years.”

Essendon’s General Manager of list and recruiting Adrian Dodoro told the club’s website he’s thrilled the small forward has decided to stay at the Bombers.

“‘Walla’ has become an integral part of our football club. He is highly regarded within our four walls for his commitment to the group and clearly our supporters love him too,” Dodoro said.

“He works incredibly hard to play his role for the club. Not only does he provide that exciting speed and flair in our forward line, but he constantly wants to improve and challenge himself.

“We are thrilled Walla will remain at The Hangar for at least the next three years, and we are confident his best football is still ahead of him.”