BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 02: Joe Daniher talks to the media at press conference at Lion Park on November 02, 2020 in Brisbane, Australia. The 26-year-old key forward joined the Lions on a three year deal on Friday, as free agent from Essendon. (Photo by Jono Searle/Getty Images)

Brisbane CEO Greg Swann has discussed the 12-month plan to lure Essendon forward Joe Daniher to Queensland.

Daniher moved north to the Lions during this year’s exchange period after exercising his free agency rights, with the Bombers being compensated with the 7th overall selection to next week’s AFL Draft.

Speaking to SEN’s Dwayne’s World, Swann revealed Daniher has enjoyed his start in Brisbane and revealed how the Lions planned to gain the 26-year-old.

“He’s fitted in really well. He’s loving his time in Brisbane at the moment,” Swann said.

“We certainly had a discussion when the deal didn’t go through with Sydney last year and we thought that’s something we’ll need to monitor.

“If the concept was that he wants to go and wants to get into a non-footy state … then we should be putting our hand up.

“We registered our interest early doors. We were certainly pleased when he got back out and started to play because you always have that doubt about whether this injury will ever get fixed or go away.

“We had some discussions with his management and followed it through from there.”

Swann stated his confidence in that Daniher’s luckless run of injuries is now behind him.

“We think he’s over his major issues, our guys here have a fantastic record at getting guys onto the park – we’ve seen that with Lincoln McCarthy and Grant Birchall,” Swann said.

“We were really comfortable in the end that we could get him and hopefully get him back to full fitness and playing as good a footy as he did before he got injured.

“That was the process we went through, and we’re really pleased to have him.”