ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 01: Ken Hinkley the coach of the Power looks on prior to the round 15 AFL match between the Port Adelaide Power and the Richmond Tigers at Adelaide Oval on July 1, 2017 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Kalisz/Getty Images)

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley will reportedly remain at Alberton until the end of the 2021 season.

Reports emerged earlier this morning that Hinkley could leave Alberton with a year to run on his contract and join the Gold Coast Suns.

However, according to multiple reports Hinkley will accept a three-year contract extension by Port Adelaide.

Hinkley took over the head coaching role at the Power in 2013 and has coached the side to 62 wins and 47 losses in 109 matches.

The 46-year-old confirmed on Adelaide radio station FiveAA on Monday night that he will be coach of the Power in 2018, however, he did not confirm reports a further three-year deal has been tabled.

SEE ALSO:  Whateley slams MCC over poor attendance numbers

“What I can tell you is I am contracted and happily contracted for season 2018 which means I’ll be there,” Hinkley said.

But Hinkley said he was hopeful a new deal would be finalised shortly.

“Most definitely will I be coaching Port Adelaide in 2018 and I’m very very hopeful there will be longer to go,” he said. “We have been talking.”

“There has been some interest from outside Port Adelaide. Gold Coast has made some inquiries about my availability to my manager … it was never about money. I’m committed to that playing group (at Port Adelaide).”