1. “I accept cash or credit” – This absolute beauty from Steve Johnson was directed at Gold Coast’s Campbell Brown when the mercurial former Geelong star kicked seven goals against the Suns. Johnson was referring to the fact that Brown had front row seats to the Stevie J show.
2. “Do we get four points for this win or do we just get two?” – Another Geelong premiership star Andrew Mackie, asked this to his teammates during a big win against North Melbourne, alluding to the fact that it might have been too easy to warrant getting the full four points.
3. “My dad ******** your mum last night.” – Triple Brisbane premiership captain Michael Voss said this to younger brother and St Kilda player Brett Voss during a match.
4. “Get me a Footy Record, I want to find out who this kid is.” – North Melbourne great Wayne Carey would often ask trainers this question in front of a new player.
6. “It’s because I’ve been carrying you guys for five years.” – The great Chris Judd said this in response to former Eagle Brett Jones having a go at Judd’s excessive shoulder tape in his first game against his old club.
7. “If you’re still on me at half time I’ll give you $100” – Brendan Fevola to Essendon’s Michael Hurley.
8. “I’ve got more premierships than you’ve played games” – Geelong’s Steve Johnson to a GWS player in the club’s first season in the League.
9. “Mate are you old enough to have pubes yet?” – Barry Hall to Brisbane’s Jack Redden
10. “Are you going to use the same bowl you use when you get your hair cut?” – Essendon’s Mark McVeigh said this to Brisbane legend Jonathan Brown in response to Brown telling him he was going to eat him.