ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 20: Jay Schulz of the Power looks on during the round 22 AFL match between the Port Adelaide Power and the Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval on August 20, 2016 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Morne de Klerk/Getty Images)

REPORTS: Blues interested in delisted forward Jay Schulz

Carlton has reportedly shown interest in offering delisted Port Adelaide forward, Jay Schulz, a position at the club in 2017.

Schulz was cut by the Power last month, after 122 games in seven seasons, but he could be thrown a lifeline by Carlton, with Fox Footy reporting that the 31-year-old is on the Blues’ radar.

However, the role could be a coaching position, with a playing role with VFL side, the Northern Blues.

The 193-game veteran has publicly declared his ambitions to play on in 2017 and manager Liam Pickering says told AFL Trade Radio earlier this week that his client still has plenty to offer at AFL level.

“I’m hoping that someone will see him as a player that they can get into their forward line,” Pickering said.

“He’s competitive, he’s great in the air and the one thing he can do that a lot of forwards can’t is he can kick straight.

“If you can back him in, I would think that he’s well and truly worth an opportunity.”

Schulz has kicked a total of 330 goals in 193 games for Richmond and Port Adelaide.

More From Our Network

You Might Also Like

177 COMMENTS

  1. Number one forward who is a sharpshooter in front of goal, will fit in nicely as second option at any side. Had one ordinary season – was injured, but had a few good ones in a row – when Port were up and about…this is surprising he got delisted

Comments are closed.